What Engine Components are Evaluated
When you bring your vehicle in for a tune up we evaluate these engine components for you. These are the main smart sensors and engine sensors that help the ECU control your engine and give you the best fuel efficiency and longevity.
These symptoms could be a sign that it is time for a tune-up:
- Poor gas mileage
- Reduced power and handling
- Engine runs rough or stalls when stopped
- Engine makes knocking sound while accelerating
- Engine running after the ignition is off
- Check Engine or Service Engine Soon light comes on
To give you a better idea of what happens under the hood when you drop your car off, we’ve compiled a basic engine tune-up checklist:
- Check visual appearance of spark plugs: are they worn? What color are the insulator firing noses? An engine in good condition should have spark plugs with light tan or gray insulator firing noses. Any other color could be the sign of an engine problem.
- Test the performance of spark plugs. What color is the spark? Is the spark properly igniting the fuel?
- Check spark plug wires to make sure they are not hard or cracked.
- Check the fuel filter to make sure it isn’t clogged or dirty.
- Check the engine’s fuel pump for proper function.
- Inspect the engine’s fuel injectors to make sure dirt or other deposits are not restricting the amount of fuel that can be delivered to the engine.Engine Componentsgine Components
- Make sure fuel injector buildup isn’t affecting how the spark plugs fire.
- Adjust the engine timing and idle if necessary.
- Check that the PCV valve isn’t clogged or leaking.
- Inspect the vehicle’s points and condenser
Engine Tune-up Services
At the heart of your vehicle is the engine. Over time, all the different components of your engine can wear out and make your vehicle lose fuel efficiency and power. To keep your car on the road and performing at its best, it is crucial that you follow the maintenance schedule recommended by your vehicle manufacturer — and you should bring your vehicle in for engine service promptly when you detect something is wrong.
We offer a full range of engine tune-up services to ensure your vehicle will last many years on the road.
More information on Automotive Diagnostics:
- Smart Sensors in Late Model Cars
- ECU Components in Automobiles
- Engine Diagnostic Service
- Engine Knocking
- Engine Sensors
- Check Engine Light On
- Smog Check Engine Repair
- Emissions Repair Service
- Transmission Repair and Service
More Services we offer: