Fuel System Cleaning Service
Fuel System Cleaning Service
Your fuel system cleaning service consists of a fuel filter, fuel pump, and fuel injectors. These three components work to ensure fuel travels from the fuel tank to your engine’s fuel injectors, then atomizes into the engine. The correct air-and-fuel mixture is necessary for optimal combustion to power your vehicle.
With a fuel system cleaning service, your engine performance and gas mileage can be vastly improved. The filter, fuel pump and fuel injectors are all part of an interconnected system that can get filled with dirt and debris. Fuel injector cleaner is used to wash out all of this crud and build up in your fuel system. Clogged fuel systems can damage other engine parts and lead to reduced performance, poor fuel economy, or even result in a complete engine shutdown if it’s neglected too long!
We recommend a fuel system cleaning about once a year or as recommended by your vehicle manufacturer and your vehicle owner’s manual.
What happens during a fuel system cleaning?
During a fuel system cleaning, your engine is flushed and cleaned of any debris or dirt that can prevent the system from operating properly. Fuel system cleaning often involves:
- Premium formula fuel system cleaner is added to the gas tank.
- Fuel injector cleaning or carburetor cleaning, intake valves, and combustion chambers with fuel system cleaner.
- Purge water from the fuel system using fuel system cleaner.
- Valves, cylinders, injectors, and rings should all be lubricated.
- Removal of varnish, dirt, and carbon from the throttle body and plate.
- Lubricate the throttle body and its moving parts with a corrosion inhibitor to prevent scoring and future deposit buildup.
- Eliminate deposits from the engine’s intake manifold as well as the runners, valves, and combustion chambers with an intake deposit cleaner.
- Place residual engine cleaner in the engine to soften hard carbon over time and reduce build-up in catalytic convertor.
Sometimes a good cleaning isn’t enough. Our experienced and professional mechanics can also help you determine if you require engine tune-up parts and replacement components to get back to top vehicle performance again.
We offer a fuel injector cleaning service?
Clog-free fuel injectors are necessary if you want your vehicle to move. This is why we include fuel injector cleaning with our standard fuel system cleaning service, so you can set your mind at ease and focus on getting back on the road.
When should I get a fuel system or fuel injector cleaning?
How often you should take your vehicle in for a fuel system cleaning service will depend on the kind of vehicle you have, road conditions, even driving habits. So if you’re unsure, come in and see us today. We recommend this service annually to ensure a clog-free fuel system and injectors, but it’s always best to check your vehicle owner’s manual for its specific maintenance schedule.
More Fuel System, Tips and FAQ’s:
- Fuel Injection Engine
- Carbureted Engines
- Value of Preventative Maintenance
- Travel and Vacation Tips
- Older Car maintenance Tips
- Seasonal Maintenance and Safety
More Services we offer: